Bitch'n Bitumen Chat

Wheelie Bin Speed Detection Cameras!!!

For all South Australia related rides, meetings, cruises and events.

Moderators: Tongie_, khobun, Jake

Wheelie Bin Speed Detection Cameras!!!

Postby agro » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:29 am

January 26th 2007, Australia Day, was a nice mellow moderate day, so I decided to go for a blast to Victor Harbour. As I live in Gawler, north of Adelaide, the ride took me on some great roads to Meadows and then onto a great scratchers road called Bull Creek Road which goes through Bull Creek and Ashbourne then on to Tooperang and the Goolwa-Strathalbyn Road. Had noticed that the wheelie bins had been out for collection at rural properties along this road.

Anyway, I was cruising along @ 110-120km/h and south of Ashbourne I caught a up to 3 cages full of rubbernecks cruising along @ 80km/h, I overtook them in one go and settled back into cruising mode, 10 seconds later, out of the corner of my eye I glimpsed what looked like a large grey plastic wheelie bin with a window, which looked out of place compared to the other wheelie bins in the area next to it. This grey bin had a thick black cable going to an un-marked white van parked about 50 metres from the road verge, hidden by bushes to oncoming traffic.
Now what sort of prick would spend Australia day hunched up in a van spying on the public?? Must have been hard up for cash and needed the triple time to make ends meet!!
Anyway this episode had spoiled my Australia day, so half an hour later I turned around and went back to where this camera and van was, to confirm what I had seen, I stopped, waived at the guy in the van, gave him the finger and rode off back to Gawler.

3 weeks later the expiation notice came in the post with a photo on it, stating I was detected doing 110km/h in a 100 zone, $179 fine and loss of 1 point. I was probably going much faster than stated and will leave it at that!

If in South Oz watch out for the wheelie bins!!!

Cheers........................Agro
agro
Jedi Youngling

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:42 am

That sucks dude... I though we had it bad in Vic with the camo coppers hiding in the bushes like naughty school children.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby agro » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Jake wrote:That sucks dude... I though we had it bad in Vic with the camo coppers hiding in the bushes like naughty school children.

Jake, hows about sending me the SA prize seeing I'm the only dude from SA to post a story..........

Cheers........Agro 8)
agro
Jedi Youngling

Postby Daniel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:03 pm

agro wrote:
Jake wrote:That sucks dude... I though we had it bad in Vic with the camo coppers hiding in the bushes like naughty school children.

Jake, hows about sending me the SA prize seeing I'm the only dude from SA to post a story..........

Cheers........Agro 8)

yeah jake :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daniel

Postby Jake » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Well I guess I'm going to have to bend to that kind of peer group pressure.

pm me your details and I'll get a book out to you :wink:
Jake
Site Admin

Postby agro » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Jake wrote:Well I guess I'm going to have to bend to that kind of peer group pressure.

pm me your details and I'll get a book out to you :wink:

SWEEEEET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks heaps Jake.......
agro
Jedi Youngling

Return to SA