Bitch'n Bitumen Chat

Broadford 1st March

For all track day and racing discussion

Moderators: Tongie_, khobun, Jake

Broadford 1st March

Postby HondaMick » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Anyone on the east side of Melbourne doing Champions ride day at Broady on Sunday?
My usual track mate is crying poor and I need a lift. We usually share site hire cost but I can't justify it by myself. Happy to pay my way and then some.
HondaMick
Jedi Knight

Re: Broadford 1st March

Postby jonnymac » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:07 pm

HondaMick wrote:Anyone on the east side of Melbourne doing Champions ride day at Broady on Sunday?
My usual track mate is crying poor and I need a lift. We usually share site hire cost but I can't justify it by myself. Happy to pay my way and then some.

I'm not on here much anymore Mick, but send me a PM next time and if it works out I'm happy for you to Chuck your bike in with me.
Admittedly I didn't go this day and there's probably more chance of getting me for Phillip island but I'd get and email if you send me a PM.
jonnymac
Jedi Grand Master

Postby HondaMick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Thanks JM.
I'm going Monday the 9th as long as the weather doesn't fall apart.
I bloody got nicked on the road today. Test rode the new r6 up the mountain and run into a bikie cop. It was just a quick run for 5 minutes and I got done.... the copper was excellent. It was clear to see that I wasn't a dick head ice head. His quote was "you have not done anything too bad but your timing was terrible".
Not looking forward to getting the fine in the mail.
HondaMick
Jedi Knight

Postby rogase » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Mate that sucks. Were you on Mountain Hwy? I've never seen motorcycle cops there before which is surprising. Radar or just tailing you?
rogase
Jedi Grand Master

Postby HondaMick » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Yep. Was on mountain highway. I been doing mountain runs in my cars for the last 7 years never seen a cop up there before.
I did one run (wasn't speeding at all) and a bikie cop came the other way.
No headlights, mirrors or indicators and I new I was done. I kept going hoping he was blind, or had some emergency to take care of. He mush have done a crazy life threatening u turn on a blind corner as he had caught me and was beside me yelling at me to pull over in no time. He pulled me up in the middle of a blind corner. I was shitting myself, thinking we were going to get run over by a car and was pleading if I could ride 3 more metres to get off the road. Bike was already turned off but he was yelling for me to take the key out, which I did. Funny I had no where to put it as I was leathered up. I again pleaded if I could now push my bike off the road into the driveway. At that moment he almost got hit by a car. I'm serious! That prompted him to agree with me....
I told him the story. He was pretty good but I got the ticket yesterday. $738.00. Nasty stuff.
HondaMick
Jedi Knight

Postby jonnymac » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:41 am

HondaMick wrote:Yep. Was on mountain highway. I been doing mountain runs in my cars for the last 7 years never seen a cop up there before.
I did one run (wasn't speeding at all) and a bikie cop came the other way.
No headlights, mirrors or indicators and I new I was done. I kept going hoping he was blind, or had some emergen

cy to take care of. He mush have done a crazy life threatening u turn on a blind corner as he had caught me and was beside me yelling at me to pull over in no time. He pulled me up in the middle of a blind corner. I was shitting myself, thinking we were going to get run over by a car and was pleading if I could ride 3 more metres to get off the road. Bike was already turned off but he was yelling for me to take the key out, which I did. Funny I had no where to put it as I was leathered up. I again pleaded if I could now push my bike off the road into the driveway. At that moment he almost got hit by a car. I'm serious! That prompted him to agree with me....
I told him the story. He was pretty good but I got the ticket yesterday. $738.00. Nasty stuff.

Far out Mick that could've bought you a trailer!!!!
I might not take mine for a blast around the block anymore that is a ridiculously steep price to pay!

So is this the new full time tracky?

I should be there Friday 20th if you can make that.
jonnymac
Jedi Grand Master

Postby rogase » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 pm

I ride up that road like a maniac Ill end up in jail. JM if the weather is good I'm going to go to Broady on Friday the 20th
rogase
Jedi Grand Master

Postby HondaMick » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:54 am

Yea its a new track bike. I went halves with a mate. We did a bit of wheeling and dealing and ended up with a R6. Its great. Got a big flat spot just before 12k which sux. Past owner stuffed with it so we are going to put stock air filter and jets back in and see how it goes.

I would be there on the 20th but I'm heading down to Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia on the salt flats to see some things that go fast is a straight line and help Dad with his bike.

I'm hoping to get to Broady again on the 6th April.
HondaMick
Jedi Knight

Postby jonnymac » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:27 am

rogase wrote:I ride up that road like a maniac Ill end up in jail. JM if the weather is good I'm going to go to Broady on Friday the 20th

Awesome Sean will be good to see you. I haven't been to Broady in a couple of years!

Gotta remember which way the track goes. And hopefully improve lap times.!
jonnymac
Jedi Grand Master

Postby jonnymac » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:28 am

Nice work Mick. Yeh I will be away over easter so I won't make the April day.
jonnymac
Jedi Grand Master

Postby rogase » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:45 am

jonnymac wrote:
rogase wrote:I ride up that road like a maniac Ill end up in jail. JM if the weather is good I'm going to go to Broady on Friday the 20th

Awesome Sean will be good to see you. I haven't been to Broady in a couple of years!

Gotta remember which way the track goes. And hopefully improve lap times.!

Ha you will have to learn to go right instead of left and pull the brake lever really hard!!!!
rogase
Jedi Grand Master

Return to Track Days & Racing