Bitch'n Bitumen Chat

madaz dyno day

If you have any questions or tips that are mechanical or setup related, post here.

Moderators: Tongie_, khobun, Jake

madaz dyno day

Postby holly » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Picked this up off another site.

To be held at Madaz performance 10/76 Rushdale St, Knoxfield, Vic, on 16th May, 2009. Contact Madaz to book your spot on 03 9764 9564. Cost is $25.
holly
Jedi Grand Master

Postby khobun » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Net ryder!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH...........

Michael, the callibration of my rear camber is 0.5 degrees negative. Says KIT.

That is irresponsible driving Michael, your vehicale is so not RWC... Says NR

Michael, you are giving other drivers a bad name..... Says NR

Careful..... You may well have too much BHP for NR!!

Noobs beware!
khobun

Postby holly » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:42 pm

khobun wrote:Net ryder!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH...........

um no

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 53#p376453
holly
Jedi Grand Master

Postby Jake » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm not opposed to this sort of thing as I've been to a few Dyno Days in the GTR for the guys at Kamikaze Motors (I don't put my car on the dyno), plus I know the guys at Madaz and they are great blokes so it should be a fun day.

But..... and I may well get flamed for this.

It has always amazed me the amount of money I see people spend on performance mods for road bikes that they would be lucky to use 60% of the power potential on anything other than a straight road. It's kinda like buying a ride on mower to cut a 3X3m lawn. Many of the riders I've seen that spend untold amounts on performance upgrades, in my opinion, would be far better off spending their hard earned dollars on some lessons at the superbike school and a and a few track days and then they may realize that their potential to realize the power output of their motorcycle (excluding a 125, 250 or a harley) is very, very low. And, one of the first steps towards reaching that potential, besides learing to ride faster, is usually suspension modifications.
That is unless, of course, they are planning to drag race the bike. And it was only today that I said to Daniel that "If racing a bike is like playing chess, then drag racing a bike is like playing SNAP, and I quit that when I was six"

Hmmmmm I might start a poll on this one.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby rogase » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Yes totally agree. Its funny, I dont ride that fast on the road and the other day I was thinking that mostly I dont use the last 4000 rpm in the rev range on the road which is where the last 40-50 HP is. And if you do you are nuking the speed limit and likely to get your bike impounded. I reckon pipes so it doesn't sound like a sewing machine, good tyres, steering damper, gearing down(stock gearing is ridiculous) and suspension particularly if you are a bit heavier.....and some tuition. Oh braided lines are cheap and probably worth it as well.
rogase
Jedi Grand Master

Postby lucifer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:47 am

Jake you're being a soft shock about this. GO NUTS I say, bomb your engine, rip off the old woosy exhaust system & put a full one on, get some data logging up ya, get the latest Ohlins gas charged forks & rear shock.... and then.... do time trials down Chapel street or to get your milk from the shops!!! Don't exceed the speed limit, that's against the law.... just try to go from zero to the speed limit in the shortest amount of time possible. You might need a rear tyre warmer and work stand to make sure you can get the right amount of straight line traction, and to maximise tyre wear. Don't forget some carbon fibre, no bike is complete without it. Best idea is to replace the old wheels with carbon ones, they're really handy for straightline riding. Come to think of it go the 520 chain conversion as well.

;)
make your own luck :)
lucifer
Jedi Grand Master

Postby khobun » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 pm

holly wrote:
khobun wrote:Net ryder!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH...........

um no

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 53#p376453

ForumBot
Incorrigible Poster

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 am Post subject: [VIC] Dyno Day, Sat May 16th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added to Calendar by: mark

To be held at Madaz performance 10/76 Rushdale St, Knoxfield, Vic, on 16th May, 2009. Contact Madaz to book your spot on 03 9764 9564. Cost is $25. There will be a BBQ and some drinks supplied. Spectators more than welcome, should be a fun day. Any que...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

Uhhh, So this isn't an insert from NR vic rides and events then......

Oh, maybe it isn't a NR generated event, but IT IS ON THE SITE... Hate technicalities..... :roll:
khobun

Postby Fonzie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 pm

aaaye does anyon know when this is on? is it only for jap bikes?
Fonzie

Re: madaz dyno day

Postby lucifer » Fri May 01, 2009 4:41 pm

holly wrote:Picked this up off another site.

To be held at Madaz performance 10/76 Rushdale St, Knoxfield, Vic, on 16th May, 2009. Contact Madaz to book your spot on 03 9764 9564. Cost is $25.

Fonzie it was provided in the first part of the thread!
make your own luck :)
lucifer
Jedi Grand Master

Return to Mechanical and Setup tips