Bitch'n Bitumen Chat

Fitting an xt ultra lap timer

If you have any questions or tips that are mechanical or setup related, post here.

Moderators: Tongie_, khobun, Jake

Fitting an xt ultra lap timer

Postby mmamster » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:12 pm

All

I have just purchased this timer and have a couple of questions.

The first is that the display will not fit on the Gixxer 600 K7 triple clamp yoke - how have people dealt with this? It seems to me it could be put on an angle so that it will fit in the available space, or it could be left to hang off the yoke to a small degree, or it could be mounted on the plastic part of the tank cover. Any ideas or photos appreciated.

Second, there is no perfectly flat and horizontal area on the fairings where the infra-red receiver unit can sit. My ideas here were to fix some material to the fairing to create a level surface and then fit the unit to that.

Thanks in anticipation!!

Regards

Mark
Mmamster
GSXR600 K6 track bike
Honda CBR1000RR fireblade 09 road bike
mmamster
Jedi Knight

Postby Daniel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Got the same bike and same timer and would send ya some photos of my set up but its at the shop.

Ive got mine Sitting on the tacho cluster, down low, so i can see the higher end of the rev range.
Not many options with this bike, i dont really need to see my speed or what gear im in, just the tacho and shift light.

The Transmitter unit will work even if its not dead level, but the beacon needs to be really perfect on the side of the start line, perfect height, ect.

Ive got a small ally bracket made up to get mine more level, as it was sometimes un reliable at the island cos you cant get the beacon that close to the track.

Hope ive helped, i will post up some pics when i get the bike back.
Daniel

Postby mmamster » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Daniel wrote:Got the same bike and same timer and would send ya some photos of my set up but its at the shop.

Ive got mine Sitting on the tacho cluster, down low, so i can see the higher end of the rev range.
Not many options with this bike, i dont really need to see my speed or what gear im in, just the tacho and shift light.

The Transmitter unit will work even if its not dead level, but the beacon needs to be really perfect on the side of the start line, perfect height, ect.

Ive got a small ally bracket made up to get mine more level, as it was sometimes un reliable at the island cos you cant get the beacon that close to the track.

Thanks Daniel, that is really helpful. Could you post pics of your set up especially the alloy bracket? Did you make the bracket up yourself?

cheers

Mark
Mmamster
GSXR600 K6 track bike
mmamster
Jedi Knight

Postby Daniel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:55 pm

mmamster wrote:
Daniel wrote:Got the same bike and same timer and would send ya some photos of my set up but its at the shop.

Thanks Daniel, that is really helpful. Could you post pics of your set up especially the alloy bracket? Did you make the bracket up yourself?

cheers

Mark

Id like to take the credit, but deano from dynoverks did the bracket 4 me last trackday service.
will have my bike back in about a week or so. wil post pics 4 you asap.
If i dont, feel free to remind me.

cheers
dan
Daniel

Postby Daniel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:01 pm

also, dont be afraid to jump in on the track day discussions mate, we are always at the track and love meeting newbies, next broady day is 9th may i think?
Daniel

Postby mmamster » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:32 pm

Daniel wrote:also, dont be afraid to jump in on the track day discussions mate, we are always at the track and love meeting newbies, next broady day is 9th may i think?

Thanks, will do. I am planning to do the 12 May day at Phillip Island subject to weather.

I know of dynowerks through Sean (Rogase) and his R1 who I usually go to the track with. Might see if they can do the same bracket for me.
Mmamster
GSXR600 K6 track bike
mmamster
Jedi Knight

Return to Mechanical and Setup tips