Bitch'n Bitumen Chat

Bitch'n Bitumen Australia's Ultimate Road Rider's Guide

Information and discussion about our current Australian Road Riding Guide Bitch'n Bitumen.

Moderator: Jake

Bitch'n Bitumen Australia's Ultimate Road Rider's Guide

Postby Jake » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:16 am

The Bitch'n Bitumen road rider's guide book was the brainchild of Col Thomas and myself (Jake).
I was busy producing the Weekend Warriors off road guides when Col approched me and suggested we take the same concept over to the road. "Why not"? I thought and here we are today.

For anyone that dosn't yet know, Bitch'n Bitumen is a guide book to all the best motorcycling roads along the East Coast of Oz. It's a comprehensive guide that's packed full of maps, pics, tips and advice on everthing from touring the High Country to learning to corner on the track. And the best part is that it's produced by a couple of guys like yourself! That's right, Col and I are just a pair of mad keen bike riders who love nothing more than to get up in the hills and drop a few blackies and chase down a good counter meal.

We have have created this part of the forum so that you can post any question relating to Bitch'n Bitumen or if you just feel like having a chat with one of us about the book. If you would like to see more information about this book follow this link: http://www.bitchnbitumen.com.au/BB.php

Cheers,
Jake.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby autumnleaves » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:33 pm

G,day gents, had a read of the book this morning, absolutly BRILLIANT from cover to cover. A credit to Jake, Col and everyone else involved. Well done guys. Look forward to the next one. :D PS nice pic of the ute!!!!
Gravity Hurts!!!!
Its not pink, its HOTTER THAN PINK
autumnleaves
Jedi Youngling

Postby Jake » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:00 pm

autumnleaves wrote:G,day gents, had a read of the book this morning, absolutly BRILLIANT from cover to cover. A credit to Jake, Col and everyone else involved. Well done guys. Look forward to the next one. :D PS nice pic of the ute!!!!

Good on ya Uncle N,
It's good to know we can give you something interesting to read that dosn't have any pics of naked women... Sorry :wink:
Jake
Site Admin

Postby autumnleaves » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:28 pm

Talking of women...... I must of been hiding under a rock last night looking at the launch photos,mmmmmmm!!!Any of those girls can be my pillion anytime :wink: :wink:
Gravity Hurts!!!!
Its not pink, its HOTTER THAN PINK
autumnleaves
Jedi Youngling

Your new Book

Postby offroadoz » Tue May 01, 2007 10:26 pm

G'day to all

I have had your book now for 3 days, I am finding it hard to put down as it has great information. My congratulations to all involved in its birth. Well done. I will be using it to plan my next few rides along with a few suggestions for DOCV rides

Offroadoz :wink:
Keep on riding, no matter how old you get
offroadoz
Jedi Youngling

Re: Your new Book

Postby Jake » Tue May 01, 2007 10:52 pm

offroadoz wrote:G'day to all

I have had your book now for 3 days, I am finding it hard to put down as it has great information. My congratulations to all involved in its birth. Well done. I will be using it to plan my next few rides along with a few suggestions for DOCV rides

Offroadoz :wink:

G'day Offroadoz,

Thanks mate, always good to hear from a happy customer. Hope your trip goes well and you don't get too cold... it's getting to be that time.

Cheers,
Jake.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby Blondie » Sun May 27, 2007 5:46 pm

I've just read about this book on another bike forum ... I'm quite looking forward to getting my hands on a copy and having a read of it ... sounds like it'll be worth it's weight in gold :wink:
aka Sue ... Blondes have more fun!!!
Blondie
Jedi Youngling

Postby Jake » Tue May 29, 2007 1:00 pm

Thanks Blondie,

We put alot of work into it so I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
Which forum did you hear about it on?

Jake.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby mintpaul » Wed May 30, 2007 10:03 am

Hey Jake,

It would of been on Weekend Riders which is a QLD and VIC based forum

http://www.weekendriders.invisionzone.com

Paul
mintpaul
Padawan Learner

Postby Pink Angel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Paul spoke very highly of this book. Certainly will be worth a read :D
Pink Angel
Jedi Knight

Postby Jake » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Thanks Pink,

Where'd you run into Paul... Up the Spur?
Jake
Site Admin

BOOK AND DVD .

Postby uk 1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:40 pm

G'Day Col and Jake, my copy of the book and dvds arrived today ,THANKS :D ,take it easy out there ,Paul .
"Living on the edge of reality " ..GSX 1400 SE -Hayabusa GSX1300R
uk 1
Jedi Youngling

Re: BOOK AND DVD .

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:37 pm

uk 1 wrote:G'Day Col and Jake, my copy of the book and dvds arrived today ,THANKS :D ,take it easy out there ,Paul .

Thanks Paul, hope you enjoy them!
Jake
Site Admin

Postby holly » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Got my copy at the melb bike show last year. As I'm in the eastern suburbs of melb I use it a lot. Usually don't have time for long rides so we do bits and pieces, and get sidetracked at restaurants (and that Patisserie just outside Monbulk where you turn left from the Olinda).
If there's a second edition some rides to the west of Melbourne would be nice. (eg Anakie up to Daylesford through Trentham and the back blocks). and another Gippsland ride?
holly
Jedi Grand Master

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:33 pm

If there's a second edition some rides to the west of Melbourne would be nice. (eg Anakie up to Daylesford through Trentham and the back blocks). and another Gippsland ride?

Yeah, we wanted to do some more estern rides but kinda had to draw the line somewhere...

We did head out to do an over nighter to Walhalla/Licola etc but were turn around because of the bushfires so it never made it in :cry:
Jake
Site Admin

Return to Bitch'n Bitumen